Employment & Training
Goodwill Employment and Training Services helps individuals overcome employment barriers by assisting them in finding work in our local communities. Part of our mission at Goodwill is to train and place local residents in jobs throughout the Tri-State area. In 2022, our Community Employment Specialists placed 58 individuals into jobs; 44 were placed within communities we serve and 14 were placed internally at Goodwill. 17,482 Job Readiness Training Sessions took place.
Our Employment and Training Services Division offers the following programs:
- Work Adjustment Training – A community-based or facility-based program designed to place individuals into a work environment who have never been employed or have been out of work for a period of time.
- Work Skills Assessment – This program evaluates individuals’ workplace capabilities, while identifying possible employment strengths.
- Job Readiness – Individuals are prepared for all phases of employment, which include, but are not limited to, resume building, interviewing skills and job retention.
- Job Coaching – Job coaches provide on-the-job assistance and training with employees to support their development of long-term skills necessary to maintain employment and thrive in a new career.
These programs work individually with persons referred through the West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services, the Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, the Ohio Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation, Worker’s Compensation, and private rehabilitation companies to assist individuals in their job search.
Goodwill believes in lifelong learning!
Our programs prepare students from all walks of life for a new career in as few as four weeks. In addition to specialized, real-world training, students receive job search and resume preparation assistance.
We also offer comprehensive Life Enrichment programming centered on the latest technologies and popular trends, as well as classes in computer basics using Windows software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Identification of employment barriers
- Job readiness training
- Basic Life Skills Training
- Computer training: Computer Basics
At Goodwill, we believe in working smarter, not harder. Call Goodwill today at 304-523-7461 and let us help you on your path to success. For more information, you can also contact email@example.com.